A Parkinson’s Facebook Page that I am on asked the question ‘what are you grateful for?’ One thing I love about that page is the sense of community and positivity that it gives us all. Sometimes, while we are working our way through life with a degenerative condition, it is all too easy to focus on the things that are difficult. At times it is worthwhile taking a step back and looking at the positives in our lives.
So, I am grateful:
- That this Blog uplifts and supports me through giving me an outlet for my thoughts and feelings.
- That people take the time to follow my Blog and that they seem to get something from it.
- That I have a loving family that loves and supports me.
- That I have a husband who believes in me and loves me unconditionally.
- That I have a lovely home that I hope to continue to live in for many years to come.
- That I have a job that I enjoy and workmates who appreciate me and value me.
- That my Parkinson’s seems to be behaving itself and I can still do many things that I wish to do.
- That I have extended family – especially you Cuz – that I can spend time with and they seem to enjoy spending time with me.
- That I can still write poetry that others enjoy.
Life is not perfect by any means. I have aches and pains and a variety of health issues and at times I am tired and maybe not so able to be positive some days. But, when I look at all the positive things in my life I feel lucky.
So, despite my Parkies, I have a lot to be grateful for and I celebrate that.